Week's Summary: Reagan, Job Search and General Strangeness
Many thanks to everyone for the brithday wishes!
This morning Azi and I tried to catch sight of Reagan's motorcade. We staked out a position about a half block from the National Cathedral. The twenty or so men in dark suits and earpieces indicated that we were in the right place. Not a glimpse, however. (See picture above.)
We left to watch the funeral service on tv. For anyone who hasn't seen a state funeral, it's quite an event. The speeches were generally good, more than simply maudlin or touching. The ex-premier of Canada may have had the best of the bunch because of his mix of humour with respect delivered in a measured style. The Amazing Grace soloist should get a contract from some music company for his emotional highs.
One of the jokes that was recounted about Reagan is that when asked how his meeting with Bishop Tutu went, Reagan said, so-so.
In other news, I'm looking for a job in private equity due diligence, preferably in DC, Miami or San Francisco. Researching competitors, customers and evaluating the general industry trends likely to influence the drivers of cashflow growth are the typical requirements for jobs in this area -- all of which I have done. Any leads, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated.
If your private equity leads are shorter than a dwarf's, well, you know, then leads in job areas that require some blend of problem solving for companies (internationally or domestically) would be welcome. I'll probably write more about this in the coming weeks, but this is the first call for contacts.
This week has also been strange for other reasons. Fauch's mother's health is declining. Another friend has found himself the object of an almost funny triangle of sex and supposed attachment, like an English Regency play.
Marisha moved to San Diego. Windrem moved into her room, got a new job and has found the responsibilities that years of training has prepared him for. Just Friday he met DCI Tenet and Homeland Security Director Ridge.
Send news from everywhere. I'll post it! To those of you going to Belize, I'm not jealous.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home