Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Saturday, June 05, 2004

I hate Michael Moore's Movies. I'm not alone.

Here's a guy who tried to interview Moore and received the same response that Moore got from the GM President. FOr those of you who don't know, Moore is one of these guys whose job is to pretend that he is the voice of working class America, a blue collar Socrates. In reality he is a liberal cause celebre because he is so detested by rightists in this country. He is famous and rich, not poor and unknown. He is powerful and biased, not weak and honest. Amazingly, his Bowling for Columbine movie is still talked about by my leftist friends as being cinema magic, truth in celluloid, hosanna in the highest. ...but he wouldn't give an interview to a real unknown, a kid who disagreed with him and wanted to ask him why he pretended to be impartial. Not interested. Not willing to talk. Too busy.

Funny how fast the shoes change feet.

St. Paul Pioneer Press | 06/05/2004 | Moore gets a dose of his own

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To say that what Pioneer Press did was anything more than a cynical, politically motivated set-up is intellectually dishonest. Not that I'm overly fond of Michael Moore. But I do like him for the same reasons I like Rush -- they both want to talk about more than Kobe and J-Lo, and rhetorically they're fun. They're entertaining. Even to have someone to hate is to be entertained. What worries me about Moore is that he sinks to the same rhetorical level, the same level of dishonesty and obfuscation, as the Republicans. And the Democrats don't really need to do that. At least not on the issues.

11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home