Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Monday, August 09, 2004

Keyes: the victory is for God

This weekend, GOP Senate candidate Alan Keyes said that if he wins, "the victory is for God". Early this morning, God said he was, "surprised by Keyes' announcement," and reminded voters, "I was not planning on endorsing anyone until after the primary." God has been criticized for His alternating support for Republican and Democratic candidates and waffling on several key issues, including Abortion, Gay Rights, and Campaign Finance Reform.

Last year the Lord was in hot water with GOP leadership over the comments He made at a San Francisco arts festival: "I don't mind gay people so much anymore. They're very creative." Later he was forced to retract His comments when former GOP candidate, Pat Buchanan, began reading Bible verses. Buchanan said, "Genesis 19:4 clearly states that the men called unto Lot looking for the men who had come unto him so that they may know them." To which God responded, "I guess I was saying homosexuality is bad. I mean, that does sound familiar when you read it from the Book."

Keyes praised Buchanan after the exchange saying, "It's hard to argue with Pat. He knows the Bible and will hold you to its standards."

Yahoo! News - Keyes Steps Into Illinois Senate Race

1 Comments:

Blogger Another Person said...

I'm glad that god has finally stood up, politically. Maybe he'll even consider a seat himself? After all, who woulkd run against him? Could it be...hmmm...Satan? [Think Churchlady]

11:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home